Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for reticuloendothelial
- ‘Next is a chapter on haematopoietic and lymphoreticular disorders including haemolytic anaemias, leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.’
- ‘Overall, 19 of 20 appendixes removed at autopsy from cases of variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease with adequate numbers of lymphoid follicles had lymphoreticular accumulation of prion protein.’
- ‘Instead, they simply have subclinical infection that is apparent in lymphoreticular tissue but does not progress.’
- ‘Microscopic features include ‘atypical lymphoreticular cells associated with necrosis and prominent vascular infiltration.’’
- ‘Chromogranin was also demonstrated in the lymphoreticular system by immunohistochemistry.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.