Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Cancer of the lymph nodes.
- ‘Underlying conditions were more common among patients than in the control group, particularly AIDS related illness, metastatic cancers, and lymphomas or leukaemia.’
- ‘At this point the differential diagnosis included thymoma, teratoma and lymphoma.’
- ‘It is used to test for meningitis, lymphoma, leukemia, or other cancers of the brain or brain system.’
- ‘The most commonly reported malignancies are ovarian and gastric cancer, and lymphoma.’
- ‘These cells are suspicious for several malignancies including lung cancer and lymphoma.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.