Relating to or denoting the tissue responsible for producing lymphocytes and antibodies. This tissue occurs in the lymph nodes, thymus, tonsils, and spleen, and dispersed elsewhere in the body.
- ‘Important in the management of hepatitis are those of the liver, thymus, spleen and other lymphoid tissues.’
- ‘Unfortunately there was not enough to make lymphoid tissue such as tonsils useful for diagnosis.’
- ‘There are also clumps of lymphoid tissue throughout the body, primarily in the form of lymph nodes, that house the leukocytes.’
- ‘Primary viremia causes dissemination of the virus in lymphoid tissues throughout the body.’
- ‘Diseases may affect the lymph nodes, the spleen, or the collections of lymphoid tissue that occur in certain areas of the body.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.