One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of small leukocyte (white blood cell) with a single round nucleus, occurring especially in the lymphatic system.
- ‘The most common form affects white blood cells called lymphocytes.’
- ‘Lymphomas occur when a type of white blood cell - a lymphocyte - becomes cancerous.’
- ‘We also knew that blood cells, actually lymphocytes, white cells in the blood, contained those receptors.’
- ‘Prominent among these are the lymphocytes, white blood cells that are specialized to react to specific antigens.’
- ‘The two major types of white blood cells are neutrophils and lymphocytes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.