One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The network of vessels through which lymph drains from the tissues into the blood.
- ‘Hodgkin's disease - also known as Hodgkin's lymphoma - is an uncommon cancer of the lymphatic system, which is part of your immune system.’
- ‘It is well known that tattoo pigments are transported through blood vessels or the lymphatic system in the human body, e.g. to the lymph nodes or even to other organs such as the liver.’
- ‘The lymphatic system comprises superficial and deep components that include tissues, organs, and vessels.’
- ‘The growth can invade local tissues of the breast and chest wall as well as spread through the blood and lymphatic systems.’
- ‘The lymph collects in the vessels of the lymphatic system, and eventually returns to the blood.’
- ‘The treatment helps soothe irritation and inflammation, stimulate blood circulation and strengthen the immune system and the lymphatic system.’
- ‘The increased transudate burdening the lymphatic system results in interstitial edema.’
- ‘Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is a cancer of your lymphatic system, the disease-fighting network spread throughout your body.’
- ‘The lymphatic system is a network of vessels which carry waste products and fluids away from tissues and organs.’
- ‘They begin with the malignant transformation of a lymphocyte in the lymphatic system.’
- ‘As well, cells may break away from a malignant tumour and spread through the blood or lymphatic systems to other parts of the body.’
- ‘The lymphatic system is a network of very fine vessels or tubes called lymphatics that drain lymph from all over the body.’
- ‘For example, leukemia is a cancer that involves blood, bone marrow, the lymphatic system and the spleen but doesn't form a single mass or tumor.’
- ‘Unlike most infections, it can also move to other parts of the body without travelling through the lymphatic system, the body's network of glands.’
- ‘The extracellular fluid, which enters the lymphatic system of vessels, will have mononuclear white blood cells added to it as the fluid is filtered through lymph nodes, which produce such cells.’
- ‘The lymphatic system is a network of tubes, glands and organs.’
- ‘Cancer cells will eventually invade deeper tissues and may spread into blood vessels and the lymphatic system, where they can be carried to distant sites.’
- ‘Lymphedema is an accumulation of protein-rich fluid in the interstitial spaces due to impairment of the venous or lymphatic systems.’
- ‘These are malignant tumours of the lymphatic system, part of the body's immune system.’
- ‘The lymphatic system is a physiological continuum, yet the inguinal lymph nodes are traditionally divided into two anatomical groups.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.