Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disease affecting the lymph nodes.
- ‘Hepatitis, iritis, lymphadenopathy, and renal abnormalities also can be seen.’
- ‘General examination to exclude generalised lymphadenopathy or metastatic disease should then be undertaken.’
- ‘However, all patients presented with leukocytosis, minimal lymphadenopathy, and splenomegaly.’
- ‘There was no clubbing, cyanosis, edema, arthritis, lymphadenopathy, or rash.’
- ‘Other common symptoms of syphilis at this stage include lymphadenopathy, fever, and arthralgias.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.