One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- ‘These reactions include large areas of erythema and extensive lymphadenopathy or lymphadenitis.’
- ‘The first type, which arises de novo in adults, is characterized by myocarditis, myositis, lymphadenitis, hepatitis, and chorioretinitis.’
- ‘The case was diagnosed as visceral leishmaniasis with leishmania lymphadenitis and coexistent falciparum malaria.’
- ‘The distinction from tuberculous lymphadenitis is very important (especially in our region, where tuberculosis is quite common), since these diseases have differing treatments and prognoses.’
- ‘Among the extrapulmonary presentations, pleural TB is second in frequency after tuberculous lymphadenitis.’
Late 19th century: from lymph- + Greek dēn ‘gland’ + -itis.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.