Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the lymph nodes.
- ‘The first type, which arises de novo in adults, is characterized by myocarditis, myositis, lymphadenitis, hepatitis, and chorioretinitis.’
- ‘The case was diagnosed as visceral leishmaniasis with leishmania lymphadenitis and coexistent falciparum malaria.’
- ‘These reactions include large areas of erythema and extensive lymphadenopathy or lymphadenitis.’
- ‘The distinction from tuberculous lymphadenitis is very important (especially in our region, where tuberculosis is quite common), since these diseases have differing treatments and prognoses.’
- ‘Among the extrapulmonary presentations, pleural TB is second in frequency after tuberculous lymphadenitis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.