One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a number of small swellings in the lymphatic system where lymph is filtered and lymphocytes are formed.
- ‘No suspicious masses or lesions were identified in the lymph node or omental specimens.’
- ‘The lymph node and bone marrow biopsy specimens were tested by paraffin section immunohistochemistry.’
- ‘A contiguous lymph node and a portion of jugular vein occluded by tumor thrombus were also resected.’
- ‘He was rushed to Balboa, where doctors began extensive tests, including a lymph node and bone marrow biopsy.’
- ‘For example, a swollen lymph node in the groin may occur with an infection in the foot or leg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.