Each of a number of small swellings in the lymphatic system where lymph is filtered and lymphocytes are formed.
- ‘A contiguous lymph node and a portion of jugular vein occluded by tumor thrombus were also resected.’
- ‘No suspicious masses or lesions were identified in the lymph node or omental specimens.’
- ‘For example, a swollen lymph node in the groin may occur with an infection in the foot or leg.’
- ‘The lymph node and bone marrow biopsy specimens were tested by paraffin section immunohistochemistry.’
- ‘He was rushed to Balboa, where doctors began extensive tests, including a lymph node and bone marrow biopsy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.