Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- less technical term for lymph node
- ‘In Drosophila larvae the paired lymph gland lobes that flank the dorsal vessel are sites of hematopoiesis.’
- ‘There is a generalized infection with involvement of the liver, spleen, bone marrow, and lymph glands.’
- ‘This, in turn, was pressing on his lymph gland which controls the flow of mucus in the nose.’
- ‘I left it for five months and it spread to my lymph gland.’
- ‘The liver, spleen and lymph glands can swell with leukemia cells.’
- ‘These organisms can produce localized disease in the lungs, lymph glands, skin, wounds or bone.’
- ‘I could feel every lymph gland being pulled and deeply massaged.’
- ‘He has been close to death, with throat cancer, had surgery on a lymph gland and is in remission.’
- ‘Some 50 percent have lymph gland cancer (non-Hodgkin's lymphoma) that is potentially curable.’
- ‘It is often only a fever (101 degrees F to 104 degrees F) but with generalized lymph gland and joint involvement.’
- ‘About 10% of patients have a benign tumor of the thymus gland, a lymph gland that usually disappears at puberty.’
- ‘The cancer had developed in a lymph gland on his small intestine.’
- ‘The breasts have a rich blood supply and an extensive lymph gland drainage system, which can be important factors in the spread of the disease.’
- ‘The adenoid is a lymph gland structure that contains cells to which cold viruses attach.’
- ‘The second organ to be involved is the liver; then the kidneys, suprarenals, lymph glands and intestines become involved.’
- ‘Doctors ask about symptoms and examine for swelling of the liver, spleen, and lymph glands in the armpits, groin and neck.’
- ‘Within the neck, there are neck muscles, arteries, veins, lymph glands, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, oesophagus, larynx and trachea.’
- ‘The dye then travels to the lymph gland called the senital gland.’
- ‘Tuberculosis is caused by one of three bacteria, and most commonly affects the lungs and the lymph glands.’
- ‘If the abscess is on your arm or leg, the doctor may feel the lymph glands in your groin or under your arm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.