One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The kafta sandwich is a mixture of ground beef patties, peas and onions, which are luxuriantly sprawled over the bread like drunk nobility on a dirty ballroom floor.’
- ‘The creek is completely green, overwhelmingly green, riotously & luxuriantly green; all this rain has one salutary benefit.’
- ‘The steamy air ensures that they grow luxuriantly.’
- ‘Dampened or disciplined by the Cold War, such conflicts flowered luxuriantly after 1991.’
- ‘Sometimes it moves as slowly and luxuriantly as treacle, other times it slips through your fingers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.