One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The kafta sandwich is a mixture of ground beef patties, peas and onions, which are luxuriantly sprawled over the bread like drunk nobility on a dirty ballroom floor.’
- ‘The steamy air ensures that they grow luxuriantly.’
- ‘Sometimes it moves as slowly and luxuriantly as treacle, other times it slips through your fingers.’
- ‘Dampened or disciplined by the Cold War, such conflicts flowered luxuriantly after 1991.’
- ‘The creek is completely green, overwhelmingly green, riotously & luxuriantly green; all this rain has one salutary benefit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.