One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates ovulation in females and the synthesis of androgen in males.
- ‘Pituitary secretion of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone was inhibited at this dose.’
- ‘Oral contraceptives inhibit pituitary production of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone by providing synthetic estrogen and progesterone to the user.’
- ‘A new study measured the efficacy of estrogen, progesterone, Prolactin, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone and testosterone on women with the disorder.’
- ‘To see whether the woman is ovulating (producing eggs) her blood is tested for the levels of some hormones called progesterone, luteinising hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and testosterone.’
- ‘Hormone injections with human gonadotrophin hormone (a mixture of luteinising hormone and follicle stimulating hormone) may be offered to you if clomiphene has not worked for you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.