A hormone secreted by the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates ovulation in females and the synthesis of androgen in males.
- ‘A new study measured the efficacy of estrogen, progesterone, Prolactin, luteinizing hormone, follicle stimulating hormone and testosterone on women with the disorder.’
- ‘Oral contraceptives inhibit pituitary production of follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone by providing synthetic estrogen and progesterone to the user.’
- ‘Hormone injections with human gonadotrophin hormone (a mixture of luteinising hormone and follicle stimulating hormone) may be offered to you if clomiphene has not worked for you.’
- ‘To see whether the woman is ovulating (producing eggs) her blood is tested for the levels of some hormones called progesterone, luteinising hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and testosterone.’
- ‘Pituitary secretion of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone was inhibited at this dose.’