One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of various diseases or conditions marked by inflammation of the skin, especially lupus vulgaris or lupus erythematosus.
- ‘The concern that collagen injections can trigger autoimmune diseases like lupus is also unfounded, experts say.’
- ‘Sarge now has discoid lupus, an autoimmune disease with no cure.’
- ‘ANA testing is done primarily when systemic lupus erythematosus or drug-induced lupus is suspected.’
- ‘More developed and extensive lesions may mimic discoid lupus, psoriasis or secondary syphilis.’
- ‘These antibodies are believed to be the cause of the symptoms of systemic lupus, especially kidney disease.’
- ‘The commonest causes of vasculitic ulcers are rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus, and polyarteritis nodosa.’
- ‘The resulting maladies nut the gamut from food allergies to migraines, fibromyalgia, lupus, arthritis and so on.’
- ‘In some patients, lupus skin disease or lupus internal organ disease can be triggered by reactions to certain drugs.’
- ‘He struggled during the 1999 season with Oakland and was diagnosed with lupus, an autoimmune disease.’
- ‘Type 1 diabetes, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis are some examples of autoimmune disorders.’
- ‘The new findings also may be important to people with systemic autoimmune disorders such as lupus or rheumatoid arthritis.’
- ‘However, dermatomyositis skin disease generally is harder to treat than is lupus skin disease.’
- ‘You are more likely to get a fungal infection if your immune system doesn't work properly, for example if you have diabetes or lupus, or if you have recently had chemotherapy.’
- ‘Rarely, a hypersensitivity syndrome ranging from urticaria to drug induced lupus can be caused by minocycline.’
- ‘The condition may also be associated with an underlying disorder, such as atopic dermatitis or lupus.’
- ‘There is no known cure for lupus, but the symptoms of the disease can be controlled.’
- ‘But some women developed autoimmune diseases such as lupus, which they attributed to the implants.’
- ‘So does chronic prostatitis go along with lupus or rheumatoid or MS or some of those other auto-immune diseases?’
- ‘It can occur by itself or with other, common autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.’
- ‘Tests show blood rheumatism, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic fever, nervous rheumatism, or bone rheumatism.’
Late 16th century: from Latin, literally ‘wolf’.
1A southern constellation (the Wolf), lying partly in the Milky Way between Scorpius and Centaurus.
- 1.1as genitive Lupi /ˈlo͞opī/ Used with preceding letter or numeral to designate a star in the Lupus constellation.‘the star Delta Lupi’
- 1.1as genitive Lupi /ˈlo͞opī/ Used with preceding letter or numeral to designate a star in the Lupus constellation.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.