One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One is plainly obvious: sometimes we are given great gifts by the poker gods, but we are too lunkheaded to appreciate them at the time.’
- ‘The principal players include a seaweed salesman, his reluctant wife, his overbearing mother-in-law and her lunkheaded son.’
- ‘Who cares if his character is nothing more than a lunkheaded henchman?’
- ‘But it is ludicrous to presume that would-be terrorists are lunkheaded enough to carry anti-Bush signs when carrying pro-Bush signs would give them much closer access.’
- ‘He was originally a lunkheaded college football player… who provided a conservative foil for strip's lefty politics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.