Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting the interval between the time at which the moon crosses a meridian and the time of high tide at that meridian.
- ‘We can find the lunitidal interval, and the establishment of the port by these observations.’
- ‘The tide graph indicates tidal movement based on the Moon's transit over the meridian and the lunitidal interval.’
- ‘These values should be sufficient information for watches that use the lunitidal interval to indicate high and low waters.’
- ‘Tidal movements are displayed graphically based on your current latitude and longitude, and the lunitidal interval.’
- ‘I just got one, and in order for it to show the correct tidal movements, I have to input the lunitidal interval.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.