One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The terms fluorescence and phosphorescence refer to specific characteristics of luminescent transitions.’
- ‘Fluorescence and phosphorescence are two similar luminescent phenomena.’
- ‘Those shells contain napalm and leave traces of luminescent phosphorus on the site of detonation.’
- ‘A person could place his hand in an x-ray beam before a luminescent screen and view his own bones through a hooded visor.’
- ‘The basis for this power is the development of stable and sensitive analysis devices and fluorescent and luminescent probes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.