One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A warm, thick jacket, typically in a bright color with a check pattern, of the kind worn by lumberjacks.
- ‘The other drove a 1972 Dodge Duster and wore a Lumberjacket and Jeans.’
- ‘Their fashion embarrassments involved medallions and leisure suits, ours were about greasy hair, Kodiaks and lumberjackets.’
- ‘A lumberjacket that she believes could have assisted her in identifying the accused also apparently went missing while in the possession of the police, and its location is still unknown.’
- ‘Greendale is Young's idea of Shangri-La, where lumberjackets are always in style and girls with far-out tree-hugger names grow up to be ecologically responsible cheerleaders instead of SUV-driving mall rats.’
- ‘He wore a lumberjacket and had a forehead that betrayed a wonderful sense of humor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.