One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘When a player loses his luckiness bankroll is debited by the sum of the bets multiplied by his probability of losing.’
- ‘Sometimes we have a tendency to identify happiness with luckiness.’
- ‘If you consider yourself ‘Lucky’, then when good things happen to you you attribute it to your luckiness, but when bad things happen, you ignore them or find something else to blame.’
- ‘I know somewhere in my bones that this would inevitably lead to more ‘examples’ of particular ‘good luck’ which would further reinforce my general sense of luckiness.’
- ‘The first question of this scale asks people to indicate their perceived luckiness, the second their perceived unluckiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.