One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In recent years there has been much emphasis on the ways that it reinforced a variety of identities: church and king loyalism, patriotic Britishness, male authoritarianism.’
- ‘Read on, for a compilation of rambling late night thoughts, mainly about unionism and loyalism but with a fair bit on republicanism.’
- ‘He became MP in 1970 and formed the Democratic Unionist Party in 1971, trumping competition from the Vanguard Unionist Progressive Party to represent working-class loyalism.’
- ‘However, he observed it was still unclear to what extent elements of unionism and loyalism were willing to commit to participating in such a debate on peaceful and democratic terms.’
- ‘His entertainment prospered not only because it was exciting, but also because the authorities, who were usually suspicious of popular gatherings, tolerated its robust loyalism and martial overtones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.