One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a filter) transmitting all frequencies below a certain value.
- ‘All spectra were smoothed 10 times using a fixed bandwidth, sharp cutoff, three-point, low-pass linear digital filter.’
- ‘In other words, the frequency components higher than the cutoff frequency will be stopped by a low-pass filter.’
- ‘Essentially mechanical low-pass filter systems, pneumatic isolators exhibit very low natural frequencies.’
- ‘It is formulated on a scaling function or low-pass filter and a wavelet function or high-pass filter.’
- ‘By means of a combiner filter the output hybrid signal is created (the combiner filter is a low-pass filter for the analog signal and a band-pass filter for the digital signal).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.