One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The lower classes of society.
- ‘These horizontal connections within the elite also had to be supplemented by vertical connections with the lower orders of Roman society.’
- ‘After the turn of the century, they joined the middle classes in their efforts to extend this norm to the lower orders of society.’
- ‘And what of his call for moral standards in society, especially among the lower orders?’
- ‘The spread of the meeting from the ruling elites to the lower orders was closely linked to the rise of the voluntary association in industrialised societies.’
- ‘Other writers stressed the need for a samurai to set an example to the lower orders of society by his conduct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.