One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting the cheaper products of a range, especially of audio or computer equipment.
- ‘Most of the complaints are that the services provided in some low-end toilets do not match the fees charged.’
- ‘Again, technology in the form of low-end electronics components came to the rescue.’
- ‘So, even a basic low-end computer will operate this program with little or no problem.’
- ‘Its biggest bet is China, where it has had a factory in Shenyang making low-end cosmetics since 1994.’
- ‘Clearly, there are plenty of reasons for a simple and affordable low-end system.’
- ‘But there are worries about whether low-end handsets will meet the forecasts.’
- ‘It is normally used with scanners and low-end devices that do not need to have termination in the device.’
- ‘The tools need to be capable of running on both low-end and high-end workstations.’
- ‘Ho said the government should build low-end housing in areas where the poor congregate.’
- ‘The copier giant targeted the color market years ago, in part to escape price wars in low-end systems.’
- ‘The quality of low-end wines can be passable in some cases, worse in others.’
- ‘Such a policy has to prevent of high-end customers from buying low-end products.’
- ‘That seems unlikely given the current economic downturn, and the moves made by the console makers to fill the gap below low-end PCs.’
- ‘To find publishers who sell high-end or low-end games, go to a software store and look around.’
- ‘Cable operators were buying mainly the low-end digital boxes, as the chart at right shows.’
- ‘There's no need for clamps or other things typical of low-end cooling systems.’
- ‘Indian bikes are increasingly embedded with more electronics than low-end cars in other parts of the world.’
- ‘A lot of low-end notebooks don't come with a wireless adapter, but this one does.’
- ‘As in a lot of cases, if your budget allows it, do not go with very low-end products.’
- ‘But how to make the high-end machines seem superior to the low-end boxes?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.