One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The form of lipoprotein in which cholesterol is transported in the blood.
- ‘Not surprisingly, the responders also showed a significant reduction in serum levels of total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and phospholipid after four weeks.’
- ‘Doctors currently measure blood concentrations of two forms of cholesterol, high-density and low-density lipoprotein (HDL and LDL), to assess risk of heart disease.’
- ‘Several forms of familial hypercholesterolemia are the result of genetic defects in the gene encoding the receptor for low-density lipoprotein.’
- ‘Research evaluating the benefit of therapies aimed at lowering the levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and increasing the levels of HDL cholesterol is needed.’
- ‘Conventional lipid-lowering treatments are underused in patients with diabetes because blood levels of cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol tend to be within normal ranges.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.