One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a low concentration.
- ‘The low-density plasma offers little resistance to speeding electrons passing through it, making it the perfect window for an electron-beam welder.’
- ‘Site one was a low-density experimental area at the beginning of Pipeline Road, slightly fragmented by roads and narrow fields.’
- ‘The federal government's treatment of home ownership through the U.S. tax code has also indirectly supported low-density dispersed development.’
- ‘Most local governments are willing to put up with a regional structure with no teeth and no powers to challenge the continuation of low-density sprawl.’
- ‘Although this is a low-density species, current numbers in appropriate habitat are not what one would consider to be dangerously low.’
- ‘We must look for new ways to cooperatively increase jointness and opportunities to exchange forces in exercises, especially low-density assets and units.’
- ‘He said it plans to develop its 800,000-square-foot site in Fanling, adjacent to the golf course, into a low-density residential project.’
- ‘Some low-density varieties use carbon dioxide as the blowing agent.’
- ‘The Solar System sits inside an interstellar cavity of hot, low-density gas, some 400 light-years wide, called the Local Bubble.’
- ‘The plan combines low-density housing with water management and new functions, setting an innovative direction for the province's new regional plan.’
- ‘More sprawling, low-density suburban development is the worst thing that could happen to the Toronto area, but voices on local councils speaking against it are in short supply.’
- ‘Plastic bags are made of branched or low-density polyethylene.’
- ‘The resulting projects are, almost invariably, low-density neighbourhoods with tree-lined streets of revivalist style houses.’
- ‘We think there are other possibilities for medium- or low-density development or for institutional development that would be more consistent with the community.’
- ‘However, as a local authority serving both town and country households, we felt it was essential to include low-density rural areas in this scheme just as we do in our standard wheelie bin collection runs.’
- ‘Sample sizes were not large enough to examine differences in time to replacement between the sexes or between the high- and low-density areas.’
- ‘Because the typical size of neurons is 10-50 m, low-density sensors may not establish a reliable contact.’
- ‘As land is both plentiful and relatively cheap in Portugal, the standard model for the family house tends to be the low-density villa on a plot.’
- ‘Lightweight concrete, made using a low-density aggregate, can vary in weight from as little as 20 to about 120 pounds/cubic foot.’
- ‘In cold climates, some low-density loose-fill insulation allows air to circulate between the top of your ceiling and the attic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.