One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Low in carbohydrates.
- ‘Just as sugar replaced fat in the old low-fat snacks, fat is replacing carbs in many low-carb products.’
- ‘The low-carb plans mostly go after that extra weight around the waistline.’
- ‘On your way to the beach, grab some low-carb pretzels and sugar-free cookies made with almond flour.’
- ‘Men are sure to be among the consumers gobbling up the many new low-carb yogurt offerings as well.’
- ‘It's also one of the few products in which the price of both the original and low-carb versions are comparable.’
- ‘Once you find a low-carb whey product you like, you can build everything else around it.’
- ‘The key to the success of the low-carb diet is one simple rule: Avoid carbohydrates.’
- ‘Farmers knew that in order for the low-carb potato to be a success, they would need more than a better potato.’
- ‘In short, low-carb wines, spirits and beer are apparently not going to set the world on fire.’
- ‘What about the low-carb milk and yogurt substitutes that are now available?’
- ‘Try as they might, they couldn't stick with the restrictions of low-carb dieting.’
- ‘And most of the low-carb pastas we tried looked very much like the real thing.’
- ‘See the New Products section in this issue for more information on some of these new low-carb dairy products.’
- ‘Operators are doing themselves a major disservice if they think the low-carb trend is going to go away.’
- ‘However, while many people are on a low-carb diet and are avoiding bread, I'm trying to make bread.’
- ‘What I do love is low-carb cranberry juice, and I'll add some seltzer water to it.’
- ‘After two weeks, the low-carb plan yielded a stunning 12 pounds of lost weight for each of them.’
- ‘You're aware that it's an inexact science, but you're still going to get a low-carb item for lunch.’
- ‘Pour yourself a tall glass of low-carb OJ, America, and wash down that bacon and fried eggs.’
- ‘The proliferation of low-carb diets, however, hasn't seemed to affect spirits sales at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.