One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting or relating to food or a diet that is low or relatively low in calories.‘most veggies are low-calorie and very filling’‘a low-calorie diet’‘a new low-calorie yogurt’
- ‘Team up any low-calorie eating plan with exercise.’
- ‘He actually exhorts his patients to eat more by increasing their portions of vegetables, fruits, beans, and other high-fiber, low-calorie foods.’
- ‘They've created a low-carb, low-calorie, high-protein, artisan-quality bread, which they say is unlike anything found on today's grocery shelves.’
- ‘The chain had already introduced low-calorie salads and a veggie burger.’
- ‘If you must bring food in front of the TV, choose low-calorie options such as celery, carrots, peppers and other vegetables.’
- ‘There will be various chicken salad options (only one of which could be classified as low-calorie because of its balsamic vinegar dressing).’
- ‘Popcorn, a low-calorie, high-fiber treat, can also be offered.’
- ‘Some people mistakenly equate healthy eating with dieting, or with eating only low-calorie or low-fat foods.’
- ‘The restaurant features low-calorie, high-nutrition meals, enriched by exotic herbs and vegetables from the hotel's organic garden.’
- ‘Always a healthy cook, Jones created delicious, low-calorie recipes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.