One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tenderness and consideration toward others.
affection, fondness, love, devotion, loving-kindness, emotion, sentiment, sentimentality, emotionalismView synonyms
- ‘Lending money is an important expression of mercy and loving kindness, but in order to be a constructive and sustainable source of mutual aid it requires the backing of accountability and judgment.’
- ‘As the monk spoke to the people in the silent woods with the stars burning overhead, he told them not only of the baby Jesus, but of the man Jesus, who went about doing good, and he implored the listeners to follow Jesus' way of loving kindness.’
- ‘When it comes to recording the day, I can't help but wish they had pills for those who, in old age, lose the quality of loving kindness.’
- ‘Truly a charismatic man, he projects loving kindness to everyone and it shows.’
- ‘Those of us who are part of the church are conscious there's a tremendous life within it creatively and such a reservoir of good will and loving kindness.’
- ‘I would like to be with people that help me practice acts of loving kindness in my daily life.’
- ‘But I trust in your loving kindness toward humble, repentant hearts.’
- ‘By contrast good sexual conduct is based on loving kindness, generosity, honesty, and mental and emotional clarity - conduct that has good results.’
- ‘Remember children hear your tone of voice more than your words, so speak to them with respect and loving kindness.’
- ‘I approach her, intent to help this poor girl and show her the sort of loving kindness that this cruel post-apocalyptic world had not shown her.’
- ‘Though we all have the seeds of fear and anger within us, he says, we must learn not to water those seeds and instead nourish our positive qualities - compassion, understanding and loving kindness.’
- ‘These small, daily acts of sympathy teach young children as much, if not more, about loving kindness than all the lectures on benevolence and goodness they may hear later in life.’
- ‘And I try to live in that truth and through the wisdom, understand the true nature of existence, be a compassionate person and practice loving kindness.’
- ‘If you are practicing compassion and loving kindness toward beings, there is no need for you to aspire to be born in a noble or influential family.’
- ‘Now you can keep your beauty, your loving kindness, and maybe others will remember these things about you as I do.’
- ‘The Buddha taught that one should practice loving kindness to all sentient beings.’
- ‘It is honest and given out of loving kindness, good Captain.’
- ‘When Steve scores a 100, he's not only cheered by the fellow Aussie fans at the venue but also applauded by the poor children in India, who are grateful to him for his loving kindness.’
- ‘Thank you, Almighty God, for your loving kindness towards this nation in these trying times.’
- ‘In such purification the motivation of loving kindness and compassion is absolutely vital.’
From usage in Coverdale's translation of the Psalms.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.