One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sick little soul that I was, I enjoyed the lovesickness.’
- ‘All the tracks touch on typical themes: lovesickness, loneliness, displacement and hope, though this record is decidedly more chipper than her last.’
- ‘The film's characters - two Chinese guys, a pair of Koreans, a hitman in New York, and two Indian brothers in Hong Kong - all suffer from some degree of lovesickness.’
- ‘For better or worse, the lyrics are equally dated, seldom addressing issues more dynamic than lovesickness, desperation, or down-on-your-luck blues.’
- ‘Stories abounded of clubhouses, camping trips, high phone bills, illnesses, school proms, and, as the children grew older, lovesickness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.