One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For better or worse, the lyrics are equally dated, seldom addressing issues more dynamic than lovesickness, desperation, or down-on-your-luck blues.’
- ‘Sick little soul that I was, I enjoyed the lovesickness.’
- ‘Stories abounded of clubhouses, camping trips, high phone bills, illnesses, school proms, and, as the children grew older, lovesickness.’
- ‘All the tracks touch on typical themes: lovesickness, loneliness, displacement and hope, though this record is decidedly more chipper than her last.’
- ‘The film's characters - two Chinese guys, a pair of Koreans, a hitman in New York, and two Indian brothers in Hong Kong - all suffer from some degree of lovesickness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.