One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His affection is, however, gained by one of the dogs in the kennels: Katy, an abandoned bulldog with whom he senses an obscure empathy (related, no doubt, to his feeling of affinity with the widowed and loverless Teresa).’
- ‘‘A Love Story’ is for the loveless, loverless, lovelorn and the love-struck.’
- ‘Obviously this is not the case for everyone or I would have been loverless all my lesbian life.’
- ‘True, the therapist who advised one loverless friend of mine to buy a new ‘feminine’ wardrobe and a makeup kit did find herself quickly minus one patient.’
- ‘I reminded Clarence that she had not been loverless.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.