One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is also of course a very eighties song, a very eighties thing, with its chest-beating passion and crippling lovelessness.’
- ‘The unfortunate girl only exchanges one kind of lovelessness for another.’
- ‘Our present economic social and international arrangements are based to a large extent on organised lovelessness.’
- ‘But when there is a chance to confront the lovelessness and loss of respect in Phil's household, there is a palpable sense of transformation.’
- ‘She had been married to him when she was twelve or thereabouts, embarking on a life of poverty, drudgery and lovelessness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.