One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having no feelings of love.‘I was trapped in a loveless marriage and there was no way out’
passionless, unloving, unfeeling, heartless, undemonstrative, unresponsive, cold, cold-hearted, icy, frigidView synonyms
- ‘This ripping read chronicles the tragic results of a loveless marriage and a passionate affair.’
- ‘Jim ends up in a loveless, passionless marriage with no children and a job in law.’
- ‘She was, my student says, forced into a loveless marriage.’
- ‘The landscape is unremittingly bleak, filled with dashed hopes, destroyed lives, and loveless relationships.’
- ‘Instead of feeling sad about those broken vows, perhaps we should be applauding the fact that fewer people are prepared to put up with staying in a loveless marriage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.