One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area of a person's life concerning their relationships with lovers.
- ‘Everytime stepmum and I talk on the phone, which isn't a whole lot, she asks about my love life.’
- ‘As a grown-up there is nothing worse than hearing your mother's accounts of her rejuvenated love life.’
- ‘This Jamaican woman felt that her love life was slipping because her husband had no more interest in sex.’
- ‘Jupiter is now in his Moon which is a strong sign that his love life will soon be back on course.’
- ‘Recently my girlfriend and I began looking for ways to rejuvenate our love life.’
- ‘If he spent half the time he spends on his love life on the football training pitch then we'd be world beaters.’
- ‘As for her own love life, it takes a turn of the better when she meets a handsome stranger while shopping in Rome.’
- ‘What things do you see happening for me in the coming year as far as my love life, job, school, family etc are concerned?’
- ‘Well, my two husbands were the sum of my love life and both of them were incredibly loving.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the endless questions about her love life infuriated her.’
- ‘If you want to establish clarity in your love life, you are going to have to figure out what you are really looking for.’
- ‘Don't let your love life mar your other relationships in life which are important too.’
- ‘I don't think it's because he doesn't like Matt but bringing up my love life in conversation is always a risk with Tom.’
- ‘Why risk ending up the relationship when you're happy with your love life like this.’
- ‘She is up for almost any question, though she famously declines those concerning her love life and the father of her two sons.’
- ‘Of course, while my friends seemed to be having great love lives, my love life was lousy.’
- ‘Right now, her public profile has been sustained by revelations about her love life, and that is becoming a national joke.’
- ‘It centres on a young English woman who moves to New York searching for a career and, of course, an exciting love life.’
- ‘So, fencing is good for the body, good for the mind, good for the dress sense and potentially good for the love life, too.’
- ‘Now Anya's a little secretive about her love life, and the rest of us spend a lot of time wondering about what's going on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.