One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area of a person's life concerning their relationships with lovers.
- ‘This Jamaican woman felt that her love life was slipping because her husband had no more interest in sex.’
- ‘I don't think it's because he doesn't like Matt but bringing up my love life in conversation is always a risk with Tom.’
- ‘If he spent half the time he spends on his love life on the football training pitch then we'd be world beaters.’
- ‘Don't let your love life mar your other relationships in life which are important too.’
- ‘So, fencing is good for the body, good for the mind, good for the dress sense and potentially good for the love life, too.’
- ‘If you want to establish clarity in your love life, you are going to have to figure out what you are really looking for.’
- ‘Of course, while my friends seemed to be having great love lives, my love life was lousy.’
- ‘What things do you see happening for me in the coming year as far as my love life, job, school, family etc are concerned?’
- ‘Right now, her public profile has been sustained by revelations about her love life, and that is becoming a national joke.’
- ‘As for her own love life, it takes a turn of the better when she meets a handsome stranger while shopping in Rome.’
- ‘Jupiter is now in his Moon which is a strong sign that his love life will soon be back on course.’
- ‘As a grown-up there is nothing worse than hearing your mother's accounts of her rejuvenated love life.’
- ‘It centres on a young English woman who moves to New York searching for a career and, of course, an exciting love life.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the endless questions about her love life infuriated her.’
- ‘Recently my girlfriend and I began looking for ways to rejuvenate our love life.’
- ‘Why risk ending up the relationship when you're happy with your love life like this.’
- ‘Everytime stepmum and I talk on the phone, which isn't a whole lot, she asks about my love life.’
- ‘Now Anya's a little secretive about her love life, and the rest of us spend a lot of time wondering about what's going on.’
- ‘She is up for almost any question, though she famously declines those concerning her love life and the father of her two sons.’
- ‘Well, my two husbands were the sum of my love life and both of them were incredibly loving.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.