A Mediterranean plant of the buttercup family that bears blue flowers surrounded by delicate threadlike green bracts, giving a hazy appearance to the flowers.
- ‘Huguette's favourite shade of hydrangea is blue and these along with lavenders, forget-me-nots, love-in-a-mists among others provide the blue tones throughout the garden.’
- ‘Its ruffled, lavender-pink flowers look like they belong in a grandmother's garden with feverfew and love-in-a-mist.’
- ‘Other quick-growing plants worth looking out for include love-in-a-mist (Nigella); pot marigold (Calendula); Iceland poppies and nasturtium (Tropaeolum).’
- ‘Try poppies, cornflowers, stocks, love-in-a-mist, cosmos, mignonette, larkspur, honesty, ox-eye daisies, marigolds, phlox, sunflowers, zinnias - whatever takes your fancy.’
- ‘Summer flowers constitute most of the cutting garden Benjamin envisioned, but she also included a few early starters like love-in-a-mist and bishop's lace.’