One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A gathering or party at which people are encouraged to express feelings of friendship and physical attraction, associated with the hippies of the 1960s.
wild party, debauch, carousal, carouse, revel, revelry, bacchanalia, bacchanal, saturnalia, dionysiacsView synonyms
- ‘This week's Labour conference should not be a love-in aimed at demonstrating party unity.’
- ‘I am certainly no teenager or 20-something, I missed the 60-s love-ins and protests, I am more of a generation of late 70's, early 80's.’
- ‘But mostly, as you might expect, this is a joyous love-in.’
- ‘We had had a lot of media interest in our love-in but this is a total shock.’
- ‘It was the early seventies, the height of love-ins and hippies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.