One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He insisted that it was this ‘poverty’ which acted as ‘the breeding ground of the violence, loutishness and addiction which blights areas of our city’.’
- ‘It follows an escalation of vandalism and loutishness in both resorts over recent months and a determination by town councillors to crack down on the anti-social behaviour.’
- ‘By creating this category of loutishness or kids hanging around the Government can acknowledge anxieties without admitting there may be a problem with crime.’
- ‘But there is a sense among many, heightened by recent headlines, that the speed and regularity with which inane and drunken loutishness turns violent is sufficiently alarming to become a national priority.’
- ‘Unfortunately, though, it is highly unlikely that the young people responsible for vandalism and loutishness will have been among those who volunteered to take part in the project.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.