One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But there is a sense among many, heightened by recent headlines, that the speed and regularity with which inane and drunken loutishness turns violent is sufficiently alarming to become a national priority.’
- ‘Unfortunately, though, it is highly unlikely that the young people responsible for vandalism and loutishness will have been among those who volunteered to take part in the project.’
- ‘He insisted that it was this ‘poverty’ which acted as ‘the breeding ground of the violence, loutishness and addiction which blights areas of our city’.’
- ‘It follows an escalation of vandalism and loutishness in both resorts over recent months and a determination by town councillors to crack down on the anti-social behaviour.’
- ‘By creating this category of loutishness or kids hanging around the Government can acknowledge anxieties without admitting there may be a problem with crime.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.