One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The silk produced by the bivoltine races of silkworms possesses superior neatness and cleanliness, is without lousiness and has high tensile strength and stands to the international A grade.’
- ‘20 animals from a mob of 323 mixed age merino ewes displaying obvious symptoms of lousiness, such as rubbed out flanks and matted fleeces, were inspected for lice.’
- ‘Despite its visual coolness and interesting non-linear and cyclical narrative style, as an enjoyable movie it fails, mostly due to its overall lousiness.’
- ‘Of course, you won't achieve any degree of lousiness unless you do this to excess.’
- ‘The fact that it was only the second day of his life in no way diminished it's lousiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.