One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Songs from the 1960s and 1970s, including easy listening music, orchestral versions of rock songs, and television or movie theme songs.
- ‘But that doesn't excuse the rest of the production-line, polished-up pop that fills up the rest of this CD - pallid ballads and loungecore cocktail music, for the most part.’
- ‘The Roald Dahl reference of the title is suitable, given the tricks, trapdoors and trompe-l'oreilles that the group applies, shifting from trip hop to indie rock to loungecore and more.’
- ‘The album is a technological feast, a delightful culmination of loungecore techno and world music.’
- ‘He remains one of pop's most original and eccentric artists, seamlessly straddling jazz, rock, funk, electronica, loungecore, disco and soft-porn soundtracks all at the same time.’
- ‘This new one delves into the unabashed realm of S.E.X., ranging from sensual romantic grooves, sampled from the best of 50s and 60s loungecore, to the sexploitation of the 70s and the out and out pornography of the 80s and 90s.’
1990s: from lounge + -core.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.