One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
French as spoken in Louisiana, especially by the descendants of the original French settlers; Cajun.
- ‘While not a complete tutorial in French, the program can supplement French training by reinforcing concepts in international and Louisiana French.’
- ‘These funds support the reopening of three schools in New Orleans and the purchase of pedagogical material for the students enrolled in Louisiana French immersion programs.’
- ‘Thus, there is virtually no history of literacy in French among most active Louisiana French speakers as their language remained at the level of oral tradition.’
- ‘Field research and analysis of Louisiana French is already being done by researchers, she said.’
- ‘‘The next step,’ he laughs, ‘is a dictionary of Louisiana French.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.