One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
French as spoken in Louisiana, especially by the descendants of the original French settlers; Cajun.
- ‘‘The next step,’ he laughs, ‘is a dictionary of Louisiana French.’’
- ‘Field research and analysis of Louisiana French is already being done by researchers, she said.’
- ‘Thus, there is virtually no history of literacy in French among most active Louisiana French speakers as their language remained at the level of oral tradition.’
- ‘These funds support the reopening of three schools in New Orleans and the purchase of pedagogical material for the students enrolled in Louisiana French immersion programs.’
- ‘While not a complete tutorial in French, the program can supplement French training by reinforcing concepts in international and Louisiana French.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.