One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cross-legged position for meditation, with the feet resting on the thighs.
- ‘I entered my altar room and sat in the lotus position.’
- ‘For this reason, the Buddha teaches his students to sit in the full lotus posture with upright minds.’
- ‘As your flexibility increases you may be able to then sit in the half-lotus, then full lotus positions.’
- ‘The movie introduces us to a child who might be a distant cousin of little Buddha: he sits in a lotus position and is surrounded by a myriad of candles.’
- ‘In the first he saw a yogi, in lotus posture, deep in meditation.’
- ‘When you sit in the lotus position, you should sit naturally straight.’
- ‘They would sit in silence in the lotus posture and fast, drinking only water.’
- ‘She demonstrates how to make the lotus posture more divine.’
- ‘Mattresses were spread right there on the floor, and twelve fit-looking young guys seated themselves in the lotus position.’
- ‘As my eyes adjust to the darkness, I see an elderly monk sitting on the floor, murmuring and blessing an older woman seated in a lotus position in front of him.’
- ‘Therefore sitting posture, especially the lotus posture, is a firm and balanced physical position for the meditator.’
- ‘Sit comfortably, in the lotus position if you wish.’
- ‘I got in the lotus position and began the deep breathing exercises.’
- ‘I carefully examined her legs to see if she was in lotus position.’
- ‘Well, just as the lotus is undeniably a special flower, so the lotus position does have its virtues.’
- ‘The half lotus and full lotus positions are excellent for establishing stability of body and mind.’
- ‘Sitting in the full lotus position kept my mind more focused and alert - compared to sitting in half lotus.’
- ‘Group toning and chanting was always followed by silent meditation and many assumed lotus postures for this.’
- ‘I adjusted my sitting position into a lotus position and clasped my hands over my head, then bent over, stretching as far as I could go.’
- ‘To ‘ground ‘that energy and balance the flow of Pran streaming through the nerve system, Yogi cross their legs in the lotus posture, and bring their hands together.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.