One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The set of equations which in Einstein's special theory of relativity relate the space and time coordinates of one frame of reference to those of another.
- ‘According to Einstein's theory, a relativistic equation has to use coordinates that have the proper Lorentz transformation properties.’
- ‘The extent of this distortion of space and time is described by a set of equations that are now known as Lorentz transformations.’
- ‘The reasoning is that, since Lorentz transformations are continuous, and since entropy can only change discontinuously, it follows that entropy must be invariant under Lorentz transformations.’
- ‘Unlike the Galilean transformation, the Lorentz transformation involves a change of spatial distance and a change of time interval between two inertial systems.’
- ‘These experiments and others give us confidence in the Lorentz transformations and special relativity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.