One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The force which is exerted by a magnetic field on a moving electric charge.
- ‘Since the electrons in the Cooper pair have opposite momenta, the Lorentz force acts in opposing directions and the pair breaks up.’
- ‘To change the velocity of an electron requires that a Lorentz force acts on it, through an electric or a magnetic field.’
- ‘In the presence of a magnetic field, the Lorentz force causes the resonator to vibrate.’
- ‘Now if we apply a magnetic field perpendicular to this plate, the electrons moving along this one direction will experience a Lorentz force in the plate perpendicular to the current.’
- ‘It is thus the asymmetry in the Lorentz forces that cause the movements, as long as the circuit doesn't deform itself axially.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.