One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minor lord.
- ‘As political authority in the West fragmented, the Gothic kings continued and extended this system, and their lordlings under them did likewise.’
- ‘Glancing at himself, it suddenly dawned on the swordsman that he looked like a lordling.’
- ‘They assumed the identities of barbarian lordlings, and united the Republic's enemies against them.’
- ‘He looked at me, ‘Have you made your choice yet, lordling?’’
- ‘For that matter, most of the local lordlings would have fits if the army intruded upon their private domains.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.