One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is the town of lordliness, absolute harmony and alternations.’
- ‘The second section explores contrasting divine attributes in ways that put their relationship to the soul's condition on good display (God's serenity and creativity, self-sufficiency and faithfulness, lordliness and lowliness).’
- ‘He had put on weight, increased in size, and, protected by the taboo, had become self-confident almost to lordliness.’
- ‘Maybe we should hear the symbolic and figurative meanings of horns in Hebrew - maturity, power, lordliness, arrogance, plenty, the corners of the altar - as well as the singular meaning, ‘sending out rays.’’
- ‘Gallic lordliness on all matters great and small isn't really sustained by the historical record.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.