One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of talking a great deal; talkativeness.‘he was renowned for loquacity’
talkativeness, over-talkativeness, garrulousness, garrulity, volubility, long-windedness, wordiness, prolixity, verbosity, verbiage, effusiveness, profusenessView synonyms
- ‘I continue to be amazed at his eloquent loquacity even if not agreeing with his point of view.’
- ‘The intoxication was manifest, not so much in violent behavior as in slightly heightened color and increasing loquacity.’
- ‘Possibly because, as the deputy chief of investigations admitted, his sudden loquacity might well get him a few years off his sentence.’
- ‘They had the generosity, the charm, the loquacity of visiting uncles.’
- ‘I flagged down a passing brother, knowing by now that the old vows of silence had given way to a smiling loquacity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.