One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of talking a great deal; talkativeness.‘he was renowned for loquacity’
talkativeness, over-talkativeness, garrulousness, garrulity, volubility, long-windedness, wordiness, prolixity, verbosity, verbiage, effusiveness, profusenessView synonyms
- ‘Possibly because, as the deputy chief of investigations admitted, his sudden loquacity might well get him a few years off his sentence.’
- ‘The intoxication was manifest, not so much in violent behavior as in slightly heightened color and increasing loquacity.’
- ‘They had the generosity, the charm, the loquacity of visiting uncles.’
- ‘I flagged down a passing brother, knowing by now that the old vows of silence had given way to a smiling loquacity.’
- ‘I continue to be amazed at his eloquent loquacity even if not agreeing with his point of view.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.