One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Too often those efforts have been thwarted by criminals and looters - literally stealing copper cable from power lines.’
- ‘Bandits and looters continue to bring down pylons carrying high voltage cables out in the desert road.’
- ‘In other districts, vigilantes set up roadblocks and patrolled neighbourhoods to deter thieves and looters.’
- ‘My family completely lost its home, and all its contents to looters and pillagers.’
- ‘Hospitals, struggling to care for casualties, have been hit by looters stealing equipment, medicines and even beds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.