Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A powerful diuretic that inhibits resorption of water and sodium from the loop of Henle.
- ‘This can be overcome with increased diuretic doses or combination regimens that include both a thiazide diuretic and a loop diuretic.’
- ‘Occasionally it may be necessary to use a continuous intravenous infusion of a loop diuretic.’
- ‘You may need to take a medication called a loop diuretic.’
- ‘Combining a loop diuretic with a thiazide diuretic increases diuretic potency by minimizing distal tubular compensation.’
- ‘In symptomatic patients, a loop diuretic can be prescribed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.