One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually in imperative Move more quickly and energetically.‘“Look lively, men!” Charlie shouted’
hurry, hurry up, hurry it up, be quick, be quick about it, get a move on, come along, look lively, speed up, move fasterView synonyms
- ‘Look lively gentlemen, here comes part of the welcoming committee.’
- ‘Come on, team! Look lively!’
- ‘Come on, look lively! Give me the keys!’
- ‘Look lively, you two. I'm opening the airlock.’
- ‘‘Well then look alive,’ Nickel said picking up his two-way radio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.