One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I've previously walked through the desert longitudinally.’
- ‘The existing Passat shares its mechanical layout with the Audi A4, with engines mounted longitudinally driving the front or all four wheels.’
- ‘Cylinders of tissue were removed longitudinally from the developing tubers and were cut into 1 mm thick discs.’
- ‘Each floret was cut with a razor longitudinally into three or four sections so that the entire surface could be clearly observed in a dissecting microscope, and the number of stomata was counted without confusion.’
- ‘There is the prospect of analysing the data both cross-sectionally and longitudinally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.