One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of long surfboard.
- ‘These buses are very comfortable with AC and can take longboards.’
- ‘I have not spent much time on a longboard, but I have tried paddling on my knees.’
- ‘Adorning the walls, were rows of longboards that would make even the most militant shortboarder drool.’
- ‘The boards don't float the surfer like the longboards did.’
- ‘I picked back up with a Boogie board, then a longboard.’
- ‘It may be the snowboard in the garage, the shortboard gathering dust under the beloved longboard, or the huge gas-sucking 4x4 truck which has never been off pavement.’
- ‘Rather, she may just want to go down to the local beach to ride a longboard, hang out with her friends, and enjoy the ocean.’
- ‘In the predawn gloom, an armada of longboards sat in the sand of Windansea beach, bristling like war ships with poles, tackle, and gear.’
- ‘Though longboards remained popular during the early 60's, balsa wood had been almost exclusively exchanged for foam and fiberglass.’
- ‘We did a tour with Nabula, and those guys all had longboards.’
- ‘The work looked like a cross between a 1960s longboard, and stained-glass windows built by Timothy Leary.’
- ‘Once he told me that any board is a kneeboard; you could ride a longboard on your knees if you wanted to.’
- ‘This last method works with longboards in smaller surf.’
- ‘The longboards and shortboards have assumed the peak of acceptance and now proudly reside in houses and garages in the place of honor golf clubs used to have in the 1950's.’
- ‘It's a nice wave, and pretty much perfect for longboards.’
- ‘My feeling is that a lot of older surfers would have much more fun riding bodyboards recreationally rather than struggling along with a longboard in surfer-choked point breaks.’
- ‘With 10 minutes remaining, Mimi picked up a wave that the others missed, and utilized her longboard to the full, shuffling up and down its length and picking up valuable points.’
- ‘The heavy presence of longboards and the acknowledgement of the concept of style makes this break one of the most leash-free in California.’
- ‘Herbie shaped and hand-painted a few longboards specifically for the show, and they're proudly displayed facing super urban Second Street.’
- ‘I did buy a longboard which may have helped things along, but I have surfed shortboards on a few occasions with no ill effects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.