One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tall with long legs and arms.‘a beautiful long-limbed dancer’
- ‘There are several intensely elegant and unbelievably flexible, long-limbed movements and poses.’
- ‘A long-limbed young man lopes past me, wearing sunglasses and carrying an umbrella for shade.’
- ‘The first of Call's experiments involved five orangutans and five bonobos, long-limbed cousins of chimpanzees.’
- ‘Olympic swimmers also tend to be tall and long-limbed.’
- ‘I work in advertising, so I spend my days pestered by swarms of lissom, long-limbed supermodels.’
- ‘Zhu Yan, an exquisite long-limbed dancer in her mid-twenties, movingly danced the heroine.’
- ‘There's her Amazonian height for one thing (she admits to 5ft 11, although, long-limbed and imposing in the flesh, she could easily be taller).’
- ‘In the rain forests of Southeast Asia live the most agile of all mammals: the slender, long-limbed gibbons.’
- ‘The seats are amazingly comfortable, with plenty of legroom, even for a fairly long-limbed individual like myself.’
- ‘Smith is a long-limbed, athletic player, and his biggest asset is his perimeter shot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.