One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Enduring or having endured for a long period of time.‘long-lasting effects’‘a long-lasting friendship’
enduring, lasting, long-lived, long-running, long-established, long-standing, lifelongView synonyms
- ‘It's only quite recently that the long-lasting and devastating effects of such chemicals on wildlife have come to light.’
- ‘The infection causes severe itching but no long-lasting effects.’
- ‘My own experience was less dramatic, but it had a deep and long-lasting effect.’
- ‘They suggest using a powder, applied with a fine but firm brush, for the most natural and long-lasting effect.’
- ‘A large number also suffer long-lasting psychological and emotional effects from being threatened or attacked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.